Saturday, December 18, 2010

Visit from a Veteran

As I was doing the vacuuming the other day I saw a pair of trousers walk up my driveway.  A man then walked through (literally) my front door into my lounge room and doffed his dilapidated brown hat to me.
He was a short man, very thin wearing a matching brown jacket that was much too big for him.  He had killed himself in 1947 after returning from the war leaving behind his wife and two children.  He regreted this greatly and it caused him much sorrow, but is now reunited with his wife and daughter.  His son is still alive and living in the local area.
This man was in great pain when he was alive.  He had seen so much tragedy during the war and he just could not cope with normal life - or pretending to live a normal life.  He had become an angry man and was not treating his wife and children very well.  The pain drove him to suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment